Homepage » About us

history

Today
History
Photo Gallery
Location
Contacts
At the turn of the 20th century, Jakov Katalinic ran in Zadar a shipbuilding yard for wooden boats which gradually developed and grew so that it could also take over repairs of steamships. His sons kept promoting this activity until the end of World War One. Between the wars, under Italian rule, shipbuilding in Zadar vegetated because it lacked proper economic conditions which would support its development. After Second World War, in January 1946, “Jadran” shipbuilding yard was founded. It was gradually integrated with several smaller workshops which had operated independently until that time.

This was the embryo of the present-day modern shipbuilding and ship-repair activity in our yard. From 1946 to 1956, the shipbuilding yard in Zadar built quite a number of fishing, passenger and cargo ships. In the same period yard name changed into “Zadar Shipbuilding Yard”. In March 1959, the yard became a part of “Tankerska Plovidba d.d.” (former “JTP Zadar”). In 1964, the 2300 ton dock, moored in the Zadar port bay, gave the yard opportunities for further development.

During 1970’s, the yard reached its maximum on current site so company decided to move shipyard on a new location. In early 1980’s, the yard was relocated into the well-protected bay of Vela Lamjana on the island of Ugljan where we are now.
 

Location

Contacts

Nauta Lamjana d.d.
Put Vele Luke 71,
23272 Kali, Croatia

+385 23 208 739
+385 23 208 740
info@nauta-lamjana.hr
Our featured projects
About us Services References Location Photo Gallery Contacts Site by Spring Media